Without further ado, let’s get into this detailed review section of the best mixing bowls america’s test kitchen. Be sure to read the product’s description carefully so that you’ll make the right decision.
- Best Mixing Bowls America’s Test Kitchen 2022
- 1. Vremi 13-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- 2. Umite Chef 6-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- 3. Honla 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- 4. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- 5. Rachael Ray 2-Piece Set Of Melamine Stackable Mixing Bowls
- 6. Anchor Hocking 2-quart Ovenproof Glass Mixing Bowl
- 6. Wildone 5-piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- 7. Charedara 18-piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- 8. Pyrex 3-Piece Set Of Non-porous Glass Mixing Bowls
- 9. KitchenAid Stainless Steel Silver Mixing Bowl
- 10. Nordic Ware 3-piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
- Best Mixing Bowls – Buying Guides
Best Mixing Bowls America’s Test Kitchen 2022
1. Vremi 13-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
If you’re looking for an economical option, I’m sure that there’s no way you can go wrong with this 13-piece set of mixing bowls from Vermi. One of the most affordable options on the market, the set also come with measuring cups and spoons.
With the Vremi set, you’re several steps closer to completing your set of cookware. For a quite low price, you will get a 4-quart and a 0.5-quart mixing bowl. Aside from the measuring cups and spoons, you will also get a strainer and a colander.
Arriving in multiple bright colors, this 13-piece set will breathe life into your kitchen and transform your kitchen into a happy and bright place. Even a simple task like preparing a salad or mixing dough will become a fun experience.
Understanding that cleaning should never take up too much of your time, the brand has made sure that their products are all durable enough to withstand dishwashers. Made from BPA-free plastic, the products will not release toxins into your food.
- The mixing bowl has handles on two sides, making it easier for you to get a firm grip on it
- Thanks to the utensils’ smooth surface, you can clean them with little to no effort
- Aside from their nesting design, the products also boast hanging storage holes
- The surface of the mixing bowl is a bit prone to scratching
2. Umite Chef 6-Piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
For many people, it’s essential that their mixing bowls have lids in order to keep their food clean and fresh. Boasting a sturdy design and tightly fit lid, this 6-piece set of mixing bowls from Umite Chef will make it easier to mix and store food.
Made from premium heavy-gauge stainless steel, the Umite mixing bowls are highly resistant to rust and dent. Furthermore, the bowls’ interiors boast polished mirror finish while their exteriors have a satin fingerprint-proof coating.
What’s more, thanks to their larger-than-average capacity, these mixing bowls will enable you to mix and serve bigger servings. With the set’s various sizes, you will have more flexibility and versatility in the kitchen.
No more worrying about slipper mixing bowls. With their non-slip silicone bottoms, these metal bowls will not be prone to slippage at all. Furthermore, the flat bottoms also mean that the bowls will not wobble when you’re mixing your ingredients.
- With their deepened design, these mixing bowls can minimize the likelihood of spill and splatter
- The lids of the bowls are superbly secure
- The inside of the bowls is a bit prone to scratching
3. Honla 2-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
In case you’re looking for a sturdy mixing bowl with a handle so that you can get a good grip on the bowl, I’ve included this fantastic product from Honla for you. Made from soft PP, this 2-piece set of mixing bowl will be a great sidekick in the kitchen.
Boasting a sturdy and durable design, the Honla mixing bowls are equipped with ergonomic handles. Combining this with the bowls’ non-skid bases, you can rest assured that the products will stay in place while you’re mixing ingredients.
Furthermore, these mixing bowls also come with measurement lines inside. As a result, you will be able to accurately determine how much ingredients you’ve put inside the bowl.
That’s not all; the Honla bowls are designed with wide pouring lips that will make pouring cake batter into a pan significantly easier. Therefore, suffice to say that these products are the best mixing bowls for baking.
- The bowls are actually quite lightweight, making them ideal even for people with wrist issues
- Because these bowls don’t have any nooks or dead corners, they’re quite easy to clean and dry
- The smooth interiors of the products mean that food is less likely to stick to their inner surfaces
- These bowls are not compatible with both dishwashers and microwave ovens
4. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
This 3-piece set of mixing bowls from OXO is an excellent choice for mixing bowls, regardless of what you intend to use them for. One of the most popular choices for mixing bowls, the OXO products will definitely improve your cooking experience.
Made from high-quality plastic, this 3-piece set of mixing bowl will not be vulnerable to rust and oxidation damage like stainless steel ones. Furthermore, due to their non-porous nature, these plastic bowls will not attain any unpleasant odor or smell.
That’s not all; this set offers 3 different sizes so that you can choose a suitable one for specific tasks. For instance, you can use the 1.5-quart bowl to whisk some eggs or to make salad dressings while the 3-quart one is ideal for electric mixers.
What’s more, the manufacturers have implemented their products with non-skid bottoms. Therefore, your mixing bowls will stay perfectly stabilized while you’re mixing ingredients.
- The mixing bowls all have non-slip handles so that you can have a firm grip on the products
- Thanks to the simplistic design of the products, you can clean them with relative ease
- Despite being quite lightweight, the mixing bowls are still highly sturdy and durable
- These mixing bowls are not compatible with microwaves
5. Rachael Ray 2-Piece Set Of Melamine Stackable Mixing Bowls
Isn’t it annoying that your mixing bowl doesn’t have a decent spout so that you can pour substances into another container without worrying about spillage? If you feel so as well, why not give this set of mixing bowls from Rachael Ray a chance?
Aside from their simplistic yet beautiful design, the Rachael Ray mixing bowls boast a convenient and easy-to-pour spout. Therefore, these bowls are the best choice for baking enthusiasts and chefs who like to make their own sauces and dressings.
Furthermore, these mixing bowls come with rubberized bottom to ensure that the bowls will stay securely in place on your countertops. Meanwhile, the bowl’s ergonomic handle promises to help you maneuver the bowl with relative ease.
- These mixing bowls are easy to use and equally easy to clean
- Despite having a silicone base, these bowls are still a bit on the slippery side
6. Anchor Hocking 2-quart Ovenproof Glass Mixing Bowl
If you find horizontal handles to be hard to maneuver, maybe you will love this perfect combination of an easy-to-pour spout and a vertical handle in the following mixing bowl from Anchor Hocking.
Made from highly durable glass, the Anchor Hocking mixing bowl boasts a decent capacity of 2-quart. With its transparent design and the embossed measurements on its body, this mixing bowl can guarantee the ratio of your ingredients is correct.
No more using a spoon to scrape all the batter from the bowl to another, this mixing bowl boasts an innovative spout, which will definitely leave your kitchen with less mess to clean.
Another feature that you might appreciate in this mixing bowl is that the glass will not leach any harmful chemicals into your food. Furthermore, the glass will not discolor and retain odd smell in any way.
- Thanks to its smooth surface, the bowl is exceptionally easy to clean
- Because the bowl is compatible with many kitchen appliances, it is a lot more versatile than a lot of competing products
- The mixing bowl might be a bit heavy.
- Even though the glass is durable, you still need to handle it with care
6. Wildone 5-piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
If you’re cooking recipes that require the utmost precision, perhaps you’d appreciate having mixing bowls with engraved measurements on them. Arriving in a 5-piece set with up to 3 grater attachments, the Wildone mixing bowls are an excellent option.
As mentioned above, these mixing bowls come with permanently engraved measurements. These markings are stamped on the interior of the mixing bowls so that you can easily see how much ingredient you’ve put inside the bowls.
Made from premium-grade stainless steel, the Wildone mixing bowls are highly durable. Not only are they highly resistant to dent, but these products are also rustproof. As a result, you can expect these bowls to be serving you for years.
Furthermore, these bowls come with BPA-free silicone lids that can guarantee to keep an airtight seal so that your food can stay fresh for as long as possible.
That’s not all, the lid of the largest bowl boasts a removable center. While this might seem redundant at first, this lid is actually very helpful in preventing splash when you use electric mixers to mix liquid ingredients.
- The non-slip silicone bottom will improve the bowl’s stability on virtually all surfaces
- Despite being quite lightweight, these mixing bowls are impressively durable and sturdy
- These bowls are quite easy to clean
- It might take some time for you to get used to closing the lids onto the bowls
7. Charedara 18-piece Set Of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
What’s the point of buying a separate whisk when you can buy a set of mixing bowls that has an excellent whisk in it? An excellent choice to complete your bakeware set, this product from Charedare will be the perfect addition to your kitchen.
Aside from the whisk, when buying the Charedara 18-piece set, you will also get a spreader spatula, a flexible spatula, a basting brush, and measuring spoons. These definitely will come in handy in the kitchen, regardless of what you’re cooking.
Arriving in 7 different sizes, the Charedare bowl set will accommodate all your mixing needs. Furthermore, with this set, you will never have to worry about running out of mixing bowls in the middle of your cooking process ever again.
What’s more, the Charedara set also comes with airtight BPA-free lids. These will ensure that the food in the bowl is protected from dust and bugs. Unlike some of its competitors, the set’s lids are actually very easy to close.
- The smooth rounded edge of the bowl means that there are virtually no potential hazards when using the product
- These mixing bowls can ensure that no harmful chemicals can leach into your food
- The lids might not be completely airtight
8. Pyrex 3-Piece Set Of Non-porous Glass Mixing Bowls
Are you finding a mixing bowl that can be dynamically used for many purposes? Are you tired of finding the ultimate mixing bowl for your sourdough? This product from Pyrex will definitely make you stop looking for the perfect mixing bowl.
This glass-made, high-quality mixing bowl can be used for mixing, microwaving, and serving food and ingredients. Moreover, this mixing bowl is also dishwasher-safe due to its high-quality tempered glass material, which makes cleaning a breeze.
For those who are constantly worrying about smells that come from your previous servings, then worry no more, because this particular mixing bowl won’t absorb food odors at all.
- These products are exceptionally easy to clean
- Thanks to their non-porous nature, these mixing bowls can meet even the strictest sanitary standards
- The large capacities of the bowls make them suitable for storing food as well
- The product might be a bit heavy
9. KitchenAid Stainless Steel Silver Mixing Bowl
Have you ever found your mixing tool to be a bit too delicate for your rough handling? Are you tired of washing out the unpleasant odors lingering onto your mixing bowl? If that’s the case, why not check out this product from KitchenAid?
Made out of thick stainless steel, this silver mixing bowl can be used for various tasks in the kitchen. With its smooth surfaces, the mixing bowl is suitable for even the stickiest baking dough.
Boasting a flat bottom that boosts its stability, this mixing bowl comes with a sturdy handle. Furthermore, the bowl’s generous capacity also means that you can mix up to 6 dozen cookies, 6 pounds of mashed potatoes, or 3 loaves of bread at once.
With all the previously mentioned features of this mixing bowls taken into consideration, there’s no doubt that this is one of the best mixing bowls for baking.
- This mixing bowl is one of the most durable products now available
- The KitchenAid is both easy to use and to clean
- Because the bowl is not padded with silicone, the product might get stuck on the kitchen counter if the bottom of the bowl is wet
10. Nordic Ware 3-piece Set Of Plastic Mixing Bowls
It might not be easy to come across high-quality mixing bowls with such beautiful designs, such as this one. Made by Nordic Ware, these microwave-safe bowls are uniquely designed so that they can be fitted into one another for easier storage.
Arriving in various bright colors, these bowls can be used best for storing, mixing, prepping as well as serving food at potlucks or picnics. With their modern design, these mixing bowls will definitely bring joy to your cooking experience.
Furthermore, these mixings bowls come in different sizes that can accommodate different mixing needs. Whether you only need to make a quick mixture or a large batch of dough, you can undoubtedly count on the Joseph Joseph mixing bowls.
What’s more, these highly versatile bowls are suitable for melting, cooking, and reheating food in the microwave as well. Moreover, you won’t have to worry about manually cleaning these bowls because they are all completely dishwasher-safe.
- You can use these bowls for both preparing and serving food
- The bowls have a rough texture on the outside, making it easier for you to get a firm grip on the product
- These mixing bowls can splatter ingredients easily if you’re not careful enough
Best Mixing Bowls – Buying Guides
It’s always better to be equipped with some useful tips and tricks when buying a new product. Understanding this, I will list out some features you need to pay attention to so that you can find the best mixing bowls possible.
As I have already mentioned at the beginning of this review, different materials will have different characteristics. Therefore, first, you need to determine what material you’d want your mixing bowls to be made out of.
Capacity is also an essential aspect of a mixing bowl. After all, it will be quite annoying if your bowl is too small for your mixing needs or too large that using the bowl might seem a bit redundant.
If you cook and bake frequently, then you should buy a set of at least three different capacities. The standard capacities of a mixing bowl set should be 3, 5, and 8 quarts.
If possible, always choose a tall bowl. Tall mixing bowls can reduce the likelihood of spillage and splatter. However, if you’re a bit on the short side, you can choose a bowl shallow enough that you will not have to strain your wrist to batter the ingredients.
Furthermore, you should look for bowls with gentle curves, which will make it more comfortable for you to reach into the bowl to whisk and stir. Furthermore, the gentle curves also mean that you will have an effortless time scraping food from the bowl.
For mixing bowls that don’t have handles, you should go for products with a thick rim. This will help you get a firmer grip on the bowl without straining your muscles too much.
However, if you have wrist issues or arthritis, then you should always choose mixing bowls with a handle.
It’s always preferable if you choose a mixing bowl with a non-slip base. This will help the bowl stabilize on the kitchen counter while you mix your ingredients.
If the mixing bowl doesn’t have a silicone bottom, then you should choose the product that has a rough texture or a heavy weight to help the bowl stay firmly put.
Do you still have unanswered questions that make you unable to make a decision? If so, you can check out the section down below, where I will answer some common issues one might have when buying mixing bowls.
1. Are Glass Or Metal Mixing Bowls Better?
When it comes to practicality, both are of excellent quality. Whether glass or metal mixing bowls is better probably comes down to personal preferences.
You should choose stainless steel mixing bowls if you want a lightweight bowl that you can bring with you on picnic or camping trips. Furthermore, if you’re afraid that you will drop your bowls, then metal is definitely the better option for you.
2. What Can You Not Mix In A Metal Bowl?
You should not mix acidic food in a metal mixing bowl as the acidic ingredients might react with the metal.
However, it’s safe to say that the acidic level of food such as citrus, tomato, or vinegar is negligible enough that you can still mix them in a stainless steel bowl.
3. How Many Mixing Bowls Do You Need?
If you frequently work in the kitchen, then you should need about 3 mixing bowls. If you want to have more options, then you can choose up to 5 mixing bowls for better flexibility.
However, if you don’t cook as frequently, you can simply buy one mixing bowl of at least 5-quart capacity.
4. Can I Bake In A Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl?
Not every stainless steel mixing bowl is oven-safe. Therefore, you should only use them in the ovens if their manufacturers explicitly state that they are oven-safe.
If you still haven’t been able to make a decision, allow me to recommend the OXO Good Grips 3-piece Set Of Mixing Bowls, which is perfectly suitable for both amateur and professional chefs.
What product do you intend to get? Do you have any noteworthy mixing bowl that you’d like to share with me? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment down below.